There’s little else that can bring together chic sophistication and rugged good looks, like a beautifully crafted leather bag. At eské, we spend hours perfecting each piece to ensure you experience the joy of absolute luxury and quality from the moment it arrives in your arms. But while we do all we can to ensure a perfectly finished product, there’s a lot more care your premium leather bags need if you want them to keep looking good as they age. We have a few tips and tricks you should keep in mind to care for your favourite eské premium leather bag.
If you want to maintain the quality and finish of your premium leather bags, it begins with day-to-day care. Here’s what you need to remember:
- Leather is a delicately crafted skin that is susceptible to stretching. Ensure you don’t overfill your bag, because that can cause it to lose shape and look lumpy over time.
- If your premium leather bag gets dirty or wet, immediately clean it with a soft cloth to avoid staining.
- Leather is also prone to scratches. So, make sure you keep it away from rough surfaces. Also avoid contact with pieces of jewellery or embellishments on your clothes to keep it looking smooth.
How you store your premium leather bags also plays a role in how long they will last. Store your bags smartly, and they will look as good as new for years to come. Here’s what you should do:
- Ensure you’re keeping your bags away from direct sunlight and moisture when not in use.
- It is best to store your premium leather bag in the dust bag that is provided at the time of delivery, to keep it protected from excessive light, heat, humidity and to prevent scratches.
- When not in use, empty your bag of its contents and carefully fill it with plain paper to prevent the warping of its shape.
Harsh weather can have an undesired effect on the finish of your premium leather bags. Keep these tips in mind to prevent the weather-inflicted wear and tear.
- Excess moisture can damage leather, so it is important to keep your bag dry. If the forecast predicts rain, it’s best to carry an umbrella so as not to be caught with only your premium leather bag for cover!
- Too much heat can cause the leather on your bag to crack. Remember to put the bag away in a cool, dark place away from any direct sources of heat or sunlight.
- If you’re putting your bag in storage for an extended period of time, remember to gently clean it with a soft cloth, fill it with plain paper and also wrap the embellishments and clasps with soft tissue paper to keep them from leaving imprints in the leather.
Be mindful of these simple steps and your premium leather bag will keep you company for a long, long time to come! Want to shop for leather handbags, laptop bags, travel bags and more? Explore more on eské.in!